BARCODE SCANNING (Corded)
Barcode Scanning is used by venues of any type, large or small with GENERAL ADMISSION or RESERVED SEATING tickets to scan and check barcoded tickets upon entry for validation. Scan the tickets with simple PCs or laptops with our hand held barcode scanner. Computers must be connected to internet for real time scanning.
Real time scanning: A barcode ticket scanner is used at one or multiple venue points of entry. As the tickets are scanned, the barcodes are verified and a real-time message is returned regarding barcode validity. For duplicate tickets, the staff member scanning sees a ”INVALID”
The admission tickets are scanned at the door and their barcodes are checked for validity. Each barcode can only be used once to enter and copied tickets are rejected.
BARCODE SCANNING (Wireless)
- Motorola MC55A0 wireless scanner with Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, 6.3 or 6.5
- Charging/docking station and (optional) USB connector cable.
- The device should be paired to your Box Office Software System by your Project Manager.
- Scanner Configuration Password (in your System under Access Control > Basic Settings)
We support common Routers such as Linksys, Netgear, D-Link and generic routers for smaller networks with 1-10 scanners.
- More scanners require commercial grade wireless infrastructure.
- Each scanner should be setup with DHCP or Static IP (recommended).
- Router needs to be able to handle the amount of scanners connected (see speed requirements below).
- The Router should not be used for any other wireless devices
- In multi-gate environments we recommended to setting multiple SSID’s so that the scanners are locked to thecorrect one avoiding constant roaming between AccessPoints/Wireless Routers
- Password: WPA2 or WPA TKIP encryption
- Router Signal: 2.4GHz (recommended) or 5ghz (supported)
- Protocols: 802.11g (recommended) both wireless g and n protocols are supported.
- Download Speed: 256kbit per device with a minimum of 2Mbps
- Upload Speed: 256kbit per device with a minimum of 1Mbps
The basic requirements for SWAC 5 connectivity are at least a 3mb download speed and a wireless G connection or above. However, it is preferred that you have a 6mb download speed and a dedicated line for better performance.